Should You Use a Store Closing Consultant?
You are in the business of running your store. Planning and running a Store Closing Sale is very different than every day retail. Ensuring success of your Store Closing Sale requires careful planning; close monitoring of sales, margins, and expenses, and aggressive execution of a well-designed marketing plan.
A Store Closing Consultant has the experience and know how to make your Store Closing Sale a success. A good Store Closing Consultant will know:
- How to line up a crowd of excited customers for the sale opening.
- How to answer all of the questions customers will ask in a way that will increase sales.
- How to create a buying frenzy in the store, causing customers to buy now rather than wait or check prices elsewhere.
- How to keep margins high on the front end of the sale to compensate for any markdowns that will be necessary to close out the hard-to-sell merchandise at the end.
- The power of direct mail and how it is most effectively used to generate sales.
- How to use email marketing to lower the cost of advertising.
- Merchandising techniques that will expose customers to more merchandise, and increase their purchases.
- How to keep your customers coming back again and again, bringing family and friends, until you have sold everything.
- What to do as your merchandise sells down and becomes depleted.
- How to collect accounts receivable.
- A system for selling fixtures and equipment that endures the highest possible prices.
- How to keep your best employees as long as you need them.
- The best time to conduct a sale and how long it should last to maximize your return.
Reliance on a company in the business of managing store closings which has tested and perfected methods of maximizing results, and has significant experience with the process, is a critical part of successful store closings.
You should not attempt to close your store without some professional assistance. We have 4 different store closing plans, each with a different level of assistance. Contact us today for a Free Store Closing Consultaion